At Elite Exhibitions we are passionate about creating unique, meaningful events that are accessible to all. We do this by creating compelling content and unrivalled networking opportunities to help grow your business.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Why we process your data
- Mailing Lists
- Registration/Booking Data
- Sharing Information
- Personal Information
- What we do with the information we gather
- Accessing your information
- Data controller
Why we process your data
|What’s the purpose of collecting your data?||What personal data do we collect?||What is the processing ground for collecting your data?|
|For general administration and organisation of our events, for example to contact you with information about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at, or attending.||
|To provide you with up-to-date information on event updates, webinars, or marketing collateral that interests you.||
Consent or Soft opt-in|
|To improve your experience at our events.||
Event session attended
Traffic flow at event
|Transfer your contact details to an Exhibitor or Sponsor if they scan your badge at one of our events.||
||Consent or soft opt-in. If you do not wish your information to be passed on, please do not scan your badge.|
|To monitor website user experience, performance, and to ensure network and information security.||Web log server information:
Browser type and operating system
Pages visited during your visit
Source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL which referred you to our website)
|Contact you for research purposes or to tell you about our exclusive offer or other goods and services||
||Legitimate Interest. You may unsubscribe at any time.|
|To pass on your contact details to our logistics partner to enhance your experience at an event you have signed up to exhibit or sponsor at.||
Consent or soft opt-in|
|To comply with or abide by legal obligations or requirements.||
Process personal information
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use Google Analytics or HubSpot platforms to set analytics, or performance cookies to collect and report aggregate information. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor is to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis and then the data is removed from the system.
- On an anonymous basis, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer of any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. These cookies may, for example, remember your language preferences or recognise an individual’s activity within a single session.
How you can control cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How do I disable cookies?
You want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
As part of the marketing campaign, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about our products and services; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use providers, including HubSpot and MailChimp, to deliver our marketing communications. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email campaigns. For more information, please see HubSpotsand MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer.
Registration / Booking Data
When you register to attend an event or purchase a booth space through Elite Exhibitions, your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our N200 registration system and CRM Salesforce platform. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide market research, marketing (including competitions), advertising, communications, event management (including logistics, health and safety and audio-visual services), meetings and bookings (including accommodation), training, IT, hosting and other infrastructure, subscription and discount management, payment processing, and data cleansing and processing services. While providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal information. These partners are contractually bound only to use personal information to perform the services that we hire them to provide. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all the Service Providers we work with will keep your personal data secure.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- With partners who help manage our business and deliver services. These partners have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for providing the contracted service to us. These include: IT service providers, customer relationship management services and marketing automation, solutions and analytics providers;
- We may share delegate information including company name and job title to improve attendee experience and confidence of the event. No email or telephone address will be made public.
- We may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitor to our website, traffic patterns, and website usage with our partners or affiliates
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Elite Exhibitions Limited.
- If you choose to allow your badge to be scanned at an event, we may pass the information you provide to a partner. Generally, this will be via a process whereby you, as the user, visit or interact with a partner e.g. visit a booth at an exhibition or have your badge scanned. In some instances, for example, a networking listing site, you may reach out directly to a supplier or exhibitor who may contact you in return. In other instances, our virtual products are sponsored and, in such cases the data you provided to us will be given to the sponsor. Generally, we will let you know at the time of collection if a product is sponsored. If you wish to change your contact preferences with an individual exhibitor/sponsor, please follow their own unsubscribe request details. Unsubscribing with Elite Exhibitions Limited will stop contacting you in the future, but not the individual partner whom you have interacted with independently.
We may collect the following information:
- Title, name, company, email, phone number, address, and gender
- Employment details including company name, industry sector, job title and responsibilities
- Areas of interest that you have notified us about, as well as what we can assume from your engagement with our products and services eg. If you have filled in a form for an industry eBook we may follow up with further information regarding that product or service
- Your preferences in marketing or newsletter subscriptions
- Any data recoverable from social networking sites, where permission from you has been obtained
If you respond to surveys, unless we inform you otherwise, your answers will be aggregated and anonymized for research and analysis purposes. However, if you choose to provide any information in your response to a survey which identifies you (e.g. name, job title), we may be able to identify you from this. If you choose to submit your email address to enter into any prize associated with the survey, this will be used to administer the prize only and will not be linked to your survey responses.
What we do with the information we gather
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- Provide more information about the products or services that you signed up to
- Register to events or webinars
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We and our partners may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Accessing your information
You have the right to:
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us at using the contact details given below.
- We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information we hold about you that you think is inaccurate by contacting us using the contact details below.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data, even where that processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, where the processing is necessary for the legitimate commercial objectives we pursue during our business), including the profiling we undertake to send you personalised offers, product recommendations and similar content. You also have the right to object to any results of a processing activity that prejudice your rights and that are conducted exclusively through automated systems.
- You have the right to ask us not to use your information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to make a complaint with our data protection authorities if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
If you want to view, amend or delete your personal data our Data Protection Officer is on hand by contacting email@example.com. Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy should be sent via email or by writing a letter to Elite Exhibitions Limited, W7 Knoll Business Centre, Hove, BN3 7GS.