The Cruise Ship Interiors Awards have arrived! The Cruise Ship Interiors Awards (CSIA) sets out to reward the talent that is so prolific in the cruise interiors industry. That means YOU! If you are a designer, outfitter or supplier in the cruise interiors industry we want you to submit your project, space or product for consideration.
We’ve laid out our top tips to help you create the best submission possible. These tips will help you iron out all the little details and allow your excellent work to shine:
1. You MUST get your submission in on time. No submissions, no matter how wonderful, can be considered after the deadline of 5pm GMT Wednesday 15th January 2020. Don’t let your entry fall at the first hurdle.
2. Your submission should be your best and most recent project. All projects submitted for the awards must be no older than 2 years as of 20th September 2019 – any projects completed before 20th September 2017 will not be considered.
3. Remember to draft and finalise your entry before submitting it on the website. Once you start the application you will be unable to save your entry or make amends, so make sure everything is perfect before you start uploading. Here are the details you need:
- The entry description should be 500 words
- You can upload a maximum of 6 images
- The images should be in either JPG or PNG format, cropped to a 4:3 format at least 1000px wide
- You can also upload 1 PDF with a maximum of 6 pages, saved as ‘screen view’
- Images and the pdf should each be no larger than 4MB.
4. Double check everything. If all the sections of the submission aren’t completed, then we can’t consider your entry. Check your draft against the form to ensure that you’ve filled in all sections and you are happy with your answers…
5. … That means double checking the category you’re entering in to, too! Your entry will fare best when seen in comparison with its peers. If the judges feel it does not sit in the right category, they reserve the right to move your entry to another category.
6. There’s no such thing as too much detail! Focus on what makes your project or product stand out from all the rest and draw clear conclusions about why it deserves our award. Tell us everything, from what makes your entry different to the innovations you made during the creative process.
7. The awards are designed to celebrate fresh and innovative work. This means that your entry should consist of original work only. A condition of our Ts&Cs is that ‘by submitting an entry, the entrant warrants that the project/project is original work and that you and Cruise Ship Interiors Awards have permission to publish the material’. We DO accept submissions from PR companies on behalf of their clients but those companies must have permission from their client to do so.
And that’s it! Simply follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to submitting a fantastic entry to the Cruise Ship Interiors Awards.